Title: O&M Technician
Interested in becoming a wind technician with Goldwind Americas? We are always looking for the best and the brightest. If the below description sounds like you, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. To learn more about Goldwind Americas and see a list of open positions, visit our Careers page.
Position Summary: O&M Technician
The O&M Technician provides the organization with a knowledgeable, multi-skilled, troubleshooting expert who maintains and operates the wind power plant.
- The O&M Technician will be a team player performing operations, maintenance and technical support to achieve safe, cost effective operation and maintenance of the facility with minimum supervision.
- Maintain and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical or control systems.
- Operate the facility during start-up, shutdown, normal, and emergency conditions in accordance with operating procedures and instructions to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
- Assist in the administration of the facility in areas such as development of operating procedures, environmental reporting, purchasing, and inventory and other areas necessary to support the Service Maintenance Agreements.
- Perform/direct housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean safe work environment and professional appearance.
- Work within and ensure strict adherence to all safety and environmental procedures.
- Ensure environmental compliance with regulation, customer requirements and industry best practices.
- This position will require mandatory scheduled & unscheduled travel. Travel will be scheduled if able, but there may be times where emergency travel is required.
- This position requires a highly flexible individual capable of becoming multi-skilled and working in a team environment performing various team support functions.
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb ladders without assistance, and work at heights greater than 80 meters (250 feet).
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds).
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one year of directly related experience. SCADA knowledge is a plus.
- Education or experience in mechanical maintenance, electrical maintenance, or instrumentation and controls.
All applications to this position must include a resume and a cover letter that includes salary history, compensation requirements, and a summary of your qualifications for the job based on the details of the job posting.
Goldwind Americas is an equal opportunity employer.